StartPad’s mission is to house local entrepreneurs to test and develop their ideas in a supportive, creative and empowering environment.
STARTPAD IDEAS INCUBATOR – A SUPPORTIVE COLOCATION SPACE FOR ENTREPRENEURS
StartPad is part of the iAccelerate initiative, led by the University of Wollongong and is the Illawarra’s first technology focused ideas incubator. StartPad provides coworking space in a structured creative environment where residents are offered entry-level business development support and adaptable, flexible space - essential for taking technology startup companies from idea to viable businesses.
Business success is the responsibility of the founder. StartPad is designed to facilitate, through access to expertise and experience, the founder’s potential for success. Ultimately the founder’s ability to create a successful company is dependent on their commitment and capacity to learn in the exciting journey of being an entrepreneur.
WHAT STARTPAD IS
- Is a supportive coworking space where entrepreneurs can develop, evaluate and grow their ideas.
- Works with People and Companies who have high growth potential coupled with technology.
- Adds Value by providing coworking space plus:
- Entry level business development support and training
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Access to professional services
- Application advice and support for grants, pitching and funding opportunities
- Connection to other iAccelerate initiatives including eClub, education and pitching opportunities
STARTPAD KEY OPERATIONAL FACTS
- Resident selection is by a competitive application process
- Low-cost coworking space (@ $30pw)
- Centrally located in Wollongong CBD
- Approximately 200 square metres of flexible, plus and go office space
- Home to up to 20 residents – representing a number of startup companies
- Startups range from 1-5 founders
- Initial residency for 6 months
- Desk and internet access
- 24/7 access
- Access to shared meeting rooms
- Kitchen and shower facilities